All kids need encouragement. They need to know that they are important, loved, and valued – even when they make mistakes. Slowly but surely, the words we say become their inner voice. Sometimes, the most simple phrase can have a powerful impact.
- I love you!
- You are special.
- I’m glad you are in our family!
- You worked hard on that!
- You made a wise choice!
- You are a helpful brother/sister/friend.
- I love spending time with you.
- I know you can do it!
- You are a great listener.
- Thank you for your help.
- I love hearing about your day.
- Your feelings are important to me.
- Your words/actions will never change my love for you.
Source: The Realistic Mama