Helpful information on preventing and minimizing the effects of childhood trauma.
I am looking for:
Trauma and Mental Health Resources
Your trauma history does not define you. Find healing resources and information here.
For medical emergencies, please call 9-1-1.
For the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline, please call or text 9-8-8 or chat at 988lifeline.org.
Learn About Trauma
Raising healthy kids is not an easy job, but it’s easier with some help.
Teachers and school staff can have a profound impact on their students’ lives. Learn how you can help when students may be struggling.
Guidance for Educators
calm staff can come to you!
Schedule a training with calm staff. We are available to speak to diverse audiences including, but not limited to: preschool to high school-aged children, teachers, parents, coaches, service clubs, PTAs, and businesses and community organizations.
Trauma-informed book recommendations from calm therapists for caregivers and kids.
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk
Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- Confident Parents, Confident Kids: Raising Emotional Intelligence in Ourselves and Our Kids – from Toddlers to Teenagers
- The Power of Showing Up: How Parental Presence Shapes Who Our Kids Become and How Their Brains Get Wired
Daniel Siegel, MD and Tina Payne Bryson, PhD
- Ready or Not: Preparing Our Kids to Thrive in an Uncertain and Rapidly Changing World
Madeline Levine, PhD
- Safe Infant Sleep: Expert Answers to Your Cosleeping Questions
James McKenna, PhD
- Decoding Boys: New Science Behind the Subtle Art of Raising Sons
Cara Natterson, MD
For Children Dealing with Trauma
- A Secret Safe to Tell
- When the World Feels Like a Scary Place: Essential Conversations for Anxious Parents and Worried Kids
Abigail Gewirtz, PhD
Recursos en Español
Recursos e información en español.