CALM is looking for a talented Staff Accountant to join its finance team. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for assisting in the generation of accounting reports as needed and back-up to payroll. This position requires the ability to work independently, coordinate multiple clerical and administrative tasks, and display a high degree of confidentiality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the day-to-day accounting operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and deposits.
- Process weekly A/P checks and staff expense reimbursements, and monthly/quarterly A/R billing.
- Receive deposit report from the development office and process deposits.
- Input and reconcile all credit card account activity.
- Assist with month end close process by preparing monthly journal entries and reconciliations and analyze balance sheet accounts.
- Cross-train in payroll to be backup to the Senior Staff Accountant for the duties listed below:
- Review and process payroll on a semi-monthly basis and ensure payroll process is in compliance with federal and state laws.
- Audit all changes made in payroll system and track vacation and sick time.
- Interface with staff members about any payroll inquiries or concerns.
- Provide time recording training to managers as needed to ensure accurate time recording.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance required, or in a related field, or high school diploma with equivalent experience.
- 3 – 5 years related accounting work experience.
- Strong computer knowledge, proficient in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel, Outlook, and payroll systems required.
- QuickBooks or related accounting software experience required.
- Experience with Paylocity helpful but not required.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment preferred.
- Ability to work independently, organize, handle detail, follow-through on tasks and problem solve with minimal supervision and be able to successfully complete tasks in a timely manner and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills for interaction with staff, and others.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Benefits package includes a competitive salary dependent on experience and education. Benefits include 100% Employer-paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance for employees plus partial benefits for dependent family members, 12 paid holidays, vacation time and sick days and a 403(b) 3% matching program.
TO APPLY: Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.