CALM is looking for a SPIRIT Parent Partner to join our team. The SPIRIT program is designed to serve children and their families who are underserved and at risk for out-of-county residential placement. The program operates with a team comprised of two Behavioral Wellness County staff and one CALM staff. This team collaborates to provide a full spectrum of services to achieve the client’s mental health goals. Clients are usually aged 6 – 18 and may be exhibiting behaviors and symptoms that impair their ability to function in the home, school, community, or other social environments.
The role of the Parent Partner is to promote a parent friendly environment that facilitates trust. The Parent Partner provides services to support the client’s parents by bringing their perspective, being a peer, sharing their story, and encouraging and motivating parents in meeting the client’s mental health goals. The team itself provides 24/7 coverage on a rotating basis.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Lived experience as a parent or family member that has successfully navigated mental health, probation, child welfare, special education or regional center services for a child.
High school diploma or GED.
Must have a valid California drivers license, clean DMV, and criminal record clearance from DOJ.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal/written communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to prioritize competing responsibilities, with effective time management skills.
- Able to demonstrate mature judgment, initiative and critical thinking.
- Strong interpersonal skills, willing team member and supportive colleague.
- Flexibility, organization and can-do attitude
- Must have respect for confidentiality; ability to work with discretion and integrity.
- Strong computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Benefits package includes a competitive salary dependent on experience and education. Benefits include 100% Employer-paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance for employees plus partial benefits for dependent family members, 12 paid holidays, vacation time and sick days and a 403(b) 3% matching program.
TO APPLY: Qualified, interested candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.