CALM is searching for a seasoned and talented Senior Staff Accountant to join our team. The Senior Accountant is a vital part of the finance team and reports to the Director of Finance. The role is responsible for the preparation of monthly financial analysis reports, generating accounting reports, and processing payroll. This position requires the ability to work independently, coordinate multiple clerical and administrative tasks, and display a high degree of confidentiality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the day-to-day accounting operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and deposits.
- Support accounts payable and accounts receivable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice and billing creation, and entry into QuickBooks.
- Assist Staff Accountant in processing A/P, A/R, deposits, credit cards, and employee expense reimbursements.
- Assist with month-end close process by preparing monthly journal entries and reconciliations and analyze balance sheet accounts.
- Review and process payroll on a semi-monthly basis and ensure the process is in compliance with federal and state laws.
- Audit all changes made in payroll system and track vacation and sick time.
- Interface with staff members about any payroll inquiries or concerns.
- Provide time recording training to managers as needed to ensure accurate time recording.
- Summarize financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Prepare year-end audit/review schedules and assist in the preparation of deliverables.
- Work closely with the external auditor during the yearly financial audit and the audit committee.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance required, or in a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of related accounting work experience.
- Strong computer knowledge, proficient in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel, Outlook, and payroll systems required.
- QuickBooks or related accounting software experience required.
- Experience with Paylocity helpful but not required.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment preferred.
- Ability to work independently, organize, handle detail, follow-through on tasks and problem solve with minimal supervision and be able to successfully complete tasks in a timely manner and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills for interaction with staff, and others.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Benefits package includes a competitive salary dependent on experience and education. Benefits include 100% Employer-paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance for employees plus partial benefits for dependent family members, 12 paid holidays, vacation time and sick days and a 403(b) 3% matching program.
TO APPLY: Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send us a letter of interest and resume to HR@calm4kids.org.