CALM’s mission is to prevent childhood trauma, heal children and families, and build resilient communities throughout Santa Barbara County. Every day our talented staff are making a difference in the lives of children and families. We have an immediate opening for a School-based Therapist (associate or licensed) to work at an elementary school in the Lompoc Unified School District.
CALM’s School-based Therapist in Lompoc provides therapy and mental health consultation services for children in preschool through 6th grade. The School-Based Therapist supports the client and their family in meeting their mental health goals. The position also supports teachers in the classroom by assisting with observations, providing coaching to help teachers handle challenging behavior, and offering reflective practice to help teachers reflect on their responses, beliefs, and overall work with children.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates a treatment plan with measurable and observable goals in collaboration with supervisor, client, teachers and school administrators.
- Participates in completion of clinical assessment with clients to assess their strengths and needs.
- Provides developmentally appropriate therapeutic interventions for children and families in individual, group or family settings
- Coordinates with other therapists, consultants, and partners to implement treatment plan, when appropriate.
- Works with teachers, aides, school site staff, and other professionals in the classroom.
- Participates in individual and group clinical supervision on a weekly basis. Seeks guidance from Clinical Supervisor to handle complex client issues.
- Provides crisis intervention and stabilization services as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Social Worker, or Professional Clinical Counselor, or Licensed Psychologist from an accredited university or college required.
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations.
- Experience working with complex issues facing children and families and knowledge of Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Model preferred.
- Experience working in either a private or public school site environment preferred.
- A minimum of 1 – 2 years related work experience in a behavioral health agency, early childhood or K – 8 client experience helpful.
- Must have a passion for CALM’s mission and the ability to convey that passion to others.
- Bilingual (Spanish) strongly preferred
- Strong computer knowledge, using PC, Microsoft Word and Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Public speaking skills and ability to network within the school community.
Compensation and Benefits
Benefits package includes a competitive salary dependent on experience and education. Bilingual therapists earn an additional $2 per hour above salary. Benefits include 100% Employer-paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance for employees plus partial benefits for dependent family members, 12 paid holidays, vacation time and sick days and a 403(b) 3% matching program.
Qualified candidates are invited to send a letter of interest and resume to HR@calm4kids.org
Back to Jobs