CALM is looking for a creative Human Resources & Office Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will be a people-centric HR pro able to provide both strategic and tactical level HR support. The position has oversight of front office activities in CALM’s Santa Barbara office, including supervision of reception staff, facilities and building management issues. The HR/Office Manager also serves as CALM’s IT liaison, working with our contracted IT provider to support staff with hardware and software needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with recruiting for open positions, including posting jobs, screening resumes and applications, performing background and reference checks, verifying employment eligibility, participating in initial applicant interviews, preparing offer letters and other hiring documentation.
- Ensure a positive staff on-boarding process. Conduct new-hire orientations and schedule new-hire clinical training.
- Assist with the management of employee benefits programs including medical, dental, retirement plans. Serve as liaison between the benefits providers (insurance companies, etc.) and employees. Ensure compliance with ACA regulations, including 1094 and 1095 reporting, and other benefits related regulations.
- Create, review and update job descriptions in consultation with HR Director and hiring supervisors.
- Ensure personnel policies are current and the Employee Handbook is updated on an annual basis in consultation with the HR Director.
- Coordinate or conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Ensure employee information, records, and documentation are accurate, complete, and up to date.
- Participate in agency-wide Safety and Wellness meetings and assist with the coordination of these efforts for the Santa Barbara office. Ensure safe operations of CALM sites.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of agency-wide staff retreats, holiday parties, and other staff appreciation/wellness events.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Human Resources or related field from a four-year accredited college or university required. HR Certification preferred. Must have at least 3 years of experience working in human resources and/or office management position; experience or familiarity with nonprofit setting preferred. Must have knowledge of principles and practices of human resources management including current Federal and State employment law. Must have a valid California drivers license, clean DMV, and criminal record clearance from DOJ.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate comfortably and effectively within all levels of organizations.
- Ability to prioritize competing responsibilities.
- Project management skills.
- Confidentiality, discretion, and integrity.
- Strong computer knowledge, using PC, Microsoft Word and Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to get along well with others and work collaboratively in a positive manner.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Benefits package includes a competitive salary dependent on experience and education. Benefits include 100% Employer-paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance for employees plus partial benefits for dependent family members, 12 paid holidays, vacation time and sick days and a 403(b) 3% matching program.
TO APPLY: Qualified, interested candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.