CALM has an immediate need for a full-time Grants Coordinator. CALM’s mission is to prevent childhood trauma, heal children and families, and build resilient communities throughout Santa Barbara County. Everyday CALM’s dedicated and talented staff make a difference in the lives of children and families throughout Santa Barbara County. Join us!
The Grants Coordinator coordinates all phases of government grants applications, reports, grant-related activities, and private foundation grant application and reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Researches, prepares and submits funding applications and grant proposals.
- Prepares and submits funding reports and audit requirements for government grants and private foundations.
- Coordinates activities in connection with grant related site visits, events and meetings.
- Attends bidders conferences and grant information sessions countywide.
- Maintains a comprehensive calendar for all grant-related activities.
- Maintains computer/manual files for all grants and reports.
- Identifies/investigates new public and private funding sources.
- Coordinates collaborative grants with all partners.
- Manages MOUs as needed for contracts and grants.
- Provides project management of contracts and grants.
- Collaborates with the Data Management Specialist to ensure appropriate data is used in grant applications and reports.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
BA/BS Degree in related field, or high school diploma with equivalent experience. 1-3 years prior work experience in the field of Fund Development or Grants Management. Ability to interact with staff, donors and volunteers in a professional manner. Public speaking ability, understanding of and commitment to agency goals and mission. Previous experience working in the nonprofit sector highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work in busy environment, under pressure, without compromising accuracy, attention to detail or courtesy to staff and others.
- Able to prioritize competing responsibilities, with effective time management skills.
- Able to demonstrate mature judgment, initiative and critical thinking.
- Leadership strength, strong interpersonal skills, willing team member and supportive colleague.
- Flexible and organized with a can-do attitude
- Must have respect for confidentiality; ability to work with discretion and integrity.
- Strong computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Able to get along well with others and work collaboratively in a positive manner
- Must have valid CA drivers’ license, clean DMV, and criminal record clearance from DOJ.
Our benefits package includes a competitive salary dependent on experience and education. Benefits include 100% Employer-paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance for employees, 12 paid holidays, vacation time and sick days and a 403(b) 3% matching program.
Qualified, interested candidates are invited to send us a cover letter and resume to HR@calm4kids.org
CALM provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Please list the title of the position in the subject line of the email.