CALM is searching for a talented Development Manager to strengthen CALM’s brand, increase visibility and meet the agency’s fundraising goals in Santa Maria, Lompoc, the Santa Ynez Valley, and throughout the North County. CALM’s mission is to prevent childhood trauma, heal children and families, and build resilient communities throughout Santa Barbara County. Everyday CALM’s dedicated and talented staff make a difference in the lives of children and families throughout Santa Barbara County. Join us!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represents CALM in community settings in Santa Maria, Lompoc, and the Santa Ynez Valley and builds collaborations with potential community partners
- Develops collaborative working relationships with existing community partners
- Ensures that North County fund development philosophy, approach and activities are carried out in keeping with the organization’s values, mission, vision and strategic plan
- Partners with the North County Regional Manager to guide external relations in North County
- Produces daily donation logs, maintains current donor database information and sends thank you responses for all gifts upon receipt
- Contributes to county-wide Development efforts, including annual publications, mail appeals, and online presence
- Works in collaboration with the Leadership and Legacy Giving Officer to develop a major gift and planned giving strategy for North County
- Coordinates North County agency mailings
- Manages North County Family to Family effort
- Maintains North County social media presence in coordination with Public Relations Manager
- Staffs North County and Lompoc work groups and communicates regularly with North County Community Relations and Lompoc Community Relations members, donors and prospects
- Researches, prepares and delivers funding applications and grant proposals for North County government and private funders
- Coordinates collaborative grants with North County partners
- Prepares and delivers funding reports for North County grants
- Coordinates events including site visits, board visits, and open houses
- Coordinates special events – including Ladies Get Loud
- Identifies, cultivates and stewards North County donors
- Provides regular updates to North County and Lompoc Community Relations work groups, staff and donors
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: BA/BS Degree in related field, or high school diploma with equivalent experience. 5 years prior work experience in the field of Development, Event Planning and Fundraising. Ability to interact with staff, donors and volunteers in a professional manner. Public speaking ability, understanding of and commitment to agency goals and mission. Previous experience working in the nonprofit sector highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Must have a passion for CALM’s mission and the ability to convey that passion to others.
- Able to work in busy environment, under pressure, without compromising accuracy, attention to detail or courtesy to staff and others.
- Able to prioritize competing responsibilities, with effective time management skills.
- Able to demonstrate mature judgment, initiative and critical thinking.
- Leadership strength, strong interpersonal skills, willing team member and supportive colleague.
- Flexibility, organization and can-do attitude.
- Must have respect for confidentiality; ability to work with discretion and integrity.
- Strong computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and donor base software, preferably, Little Green Light.
- Able to get along well with others and work collaboratively in a positive manner.
- Must have valid CA drivers’ license, clean DMV, and criminal record clearance from DOJ.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary is DOE. This is a part-time position and not benefits-eligible.
TO APPLY: Please send us a cover letter and your resume to HR@calm4kids.org
Please list the title of the position in the subject line of the email.