CALM is seeking a bilingual Child and Family Specialist for our Front Porch program to conduct community outreach, partner with families and work with children and families in the home and in the community to promote positive parenting, prevent child abuse and neglect, and facilitate optimal child development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts phone and in-person assessment and/or intake for children and families from Path 1, 2 and 4 referred from CWS.
- Completes screening and assessment with clients to assess their strengths and needs.
- Coordinates with other agencies when appropriate to help family with concrete needs and other support.
- Provides regularly scheduled home visits to work towards treatment.
- Maintains cooperative working relationships with parents, families, and clients.
- Writes progress notes and completes assessments in a timely manner.
- Cooperates with CWS to develop and evaluate Front Porch activities and to assume other assignments as necessary.
- Monitors flow of referrals from CWS and provide feedback as needed.
- Attends trainings and conferences as needed or required by program manager.
- Participates in community education and outreach.
- Attends CALM agency staff meetings and weekly team meetings.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BA with one-year experience, or Associates degree in Early Childhood Education from an accredited university or college with 3 – 5 years counseling, therapy, and/or early childhood education experience. Previous experience working in the nonprofit sector highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work in busy environment, under pressure, without compromising accuracy, attention to detail or courtesy to staff and others.
- Able to prioritize competing responsibilities, with effective time management skills.
- Able to demonstrate mature judgment, initiative and critical thinking.
- Strong interpersonal skills, willing team member and supportive colleague.
- Flexibility, organization and can-do attitude
- Must have respect for confidentiality; ability to work with discretion and integrity.
- Strong computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Bilingual (Spanish) required.
- Able to get along well with others and work collaboratively in a positive manner
- Must have valid CA drivers’ license, clean DMV, and criminal record clearance from DOJ.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
A competitive salary dependent on experience and education. Benefits include 100% Employer-paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance for employees plus partial benefits for dependent family members, 12 paid holidays, vacation time and sick days and a 403(b) 3% matching program.
Qualified, interested candidates are invited to send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.