Natural and Logical Consequences
(material provided by The Incredible Years, Carolyn Webster-Stratton, Ph.D.)
- Make consequences age-appropriate.
- Be sure you can live with consequences you set up.
- Make consequences immediate.
- Give child choice of consequence ahead of time.
- Make consequence natural and nonpunitive.
- Involve child whenever possible.
- Be friendly and polite.
- Use consequences that are short and to the point.
- Quickly offer new learning opportunities to be successful.
Part 8 of 13