CALM’s mission is to prevent childhood trauma, heal children and families, and build resilient communities throughout Santa Barbara County. Everyday CALM’s dedicated and talented staff make a difference in the lives of children and families throughout Santa Barbara County.
CALM is seeking an Intake Coordinator to provide intake services for CALM clinical programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Searches client electronic health record for existing records in order to avoid duplicate records and for referencing prior services.
- Conducts callbacks and pre-admission in a timely manner for all clients and groups participants.
- Provides community referrals for those not eligible for service
- Manages and prioritizes callback list and follows-up on pending requests.
- Attends Intake meetings and works collaboratively with Intake Team and Quality Assurance Team.
- Will monitor expected caseloads and collaborate with staff in order to make case assignments.
- Meets with Intake Supervisor and Program Manager as needed in order to facilitate case assignme
- Receives and adds additional program information to case records, as need
- Makes suspected child abuse reports, as needed, and follows other legal and agency policies pertaining to consent to treatment (e.g. obtaining proper custody orders when necessary).
- Assists with client walk-ins or crisis calls as neede
- Completes other administrative duties, as assigne
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
MFT Associate, ASW, or Psychological Assistant required. Experience working with complex issues surrounding children and families preferred.
Previous experience working in the nonprofit sector highly desirable.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service skills, strong oral and written communication skill
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is preferred.
- Able to interact with a variety of staff and visitors in an effective, courteous, and professional manner.
- Able to work independently and be a strong team player.
- Utilize effective time management skills and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Gathers and analyses information skillfully; develops alternative solutions, works well in group problem solving situations, and will request help when needed.
- Extremely organized and detail-orient
- Strong computer knowledge, using PC, Microsoft Word and Excel, and Outlook and Knowledge of CALM’s electronic health record.
HOURS of EMPLOYMENT:
This is a part time position. A 20-hour work week schedule will be established on consultation with the supervisor,evening and weekend hours may apply. The normal work week is Monday – Friday. Normal hours of work will beestablished between the hours of 9:00am and 7:00pm.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary is dependent on experience. Benefits include sick leave and a 403(b) retirement plan.
Qualified, interested candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please type your [Name] and [Position Title] you are applying in the email Subject Line when submitting your resume.
CALM provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or any other protected classification.