CALM’s mission is to prevent childhood trauma, heal children and families, and build resilient communities throughout Santa Barbara County. We have an immediate opening for a Mental Health Consultant to work in collaboration with early childhood education providers in Santa Barbara, Goleta and Isla Vista. The position supports teachers and parents in building their capacity to promote healthy social emotional development of young children. The Mental Health Consultant supports teachers in the classroom by assisting with observations, providing coaching and offering reflective practice to help teachers consider their responses, beliefs and overall work with children.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates a treatment plan with measurable and observable goals in collaboration with supervisor, client, teachers and school administrators.
- Provides developmentally appropriate therapeutic interventions for children and families in individual, group or family settings
- Coordinates with other therapists, consultants, and partners to implement treatment plans, when appropriate.
- Works with teachers, aides, school site staff, and other professionals in the classroom.
- Coaches teachers on targeted behavior interventions.
- Models appropriate interactions with children.
- Provides reflective practice groups for teachers, as needed.
- Supports teachers and staff in restorative approaches.
- Assists teachers in parent conferences and other meetings.
- Organizes and provides trainings for teachers, administrators, school staff, and parents.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Social Worker, or Professional Clinical Counselor, or Licensed Psychologist from an accredited university or college required.
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations.
- Experience working with complex issues facing children and families and knowledge of Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Model preferred.
- Experience working in either a private or public school site environment preferred.
- A minimum of 1 – 2 years related work experience in a behavioral health agency, early childhood or K – 8 client experience helpful.
- Must have a passion for CALM’s mission and the ability to convey that passion to others.
- Bilingual (Spanish) required.
- Strong computer knowledge, using PC, Microsoft Word and Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Public speaking skills and ability to network within the school community.
Compensation and Benefits
Benefits package includes a competitive salary dependent on experience and education. Benefits include 100% Employer-paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance for employees plus partial benefits for dependent family members, 12 paid holidays, vacation time and sick days and a 403(b) 3% matching program.
Qualified, interested candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
*Please type your [Name] and [Position Title] you are applying in the email Subject Line when submitting your resume.
CALM provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or any other protected classification.