CALM is seeking a talented Accounting and Payroll Specialist to join our Finance team. The Accounting and Payroll Specialist will be responsible for assisting in the generation of accounting reports as needed and back-up to payroll. This position requires the ability to work independently, coordinate multiple clerical and administrative tasks, and display a high degree of confidentiality. The ideal candidate has a strong customer service focus, is organized, dependable and a problem solver. If that sounds like you, please apply.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the day-to-day accounting operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and deposits.
- Process weekly A/P checks and staff expense reimbursements, and monthly/quarterly A/R billing.
- Receive deposit report from the development office and process deposits.
- Input and reconcile all credit card account activity.
- Assist with month end close process by preparing monthly journal entries and reconciliations and analyze balance sheet accounts.
- Cross-train in payroll to be backup to the Senior Staff Accountant.
- Prepare year-end audit/review schedules and assist in the preparation of deliverables.
- Prepare and process 1099s.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance required, or in a related field, or high school diploma with equivalent experience.
- 3 – 5 years related accounting work experience.
- Strong computer knowledge, proficient in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel, Outlook, and payroll systems required.
- QuickBooks or related accounting software experience required.
- Experience with Paylocity helpful but not required.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment preferred.
- Ability to work independently, organize, handle detail, follow-through on tasks and problem solve with minimal supervision and be able to successfully complete tasks in a timely manner and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills for interaction with staff, and others.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Benefits package includes a competitive salary dependent on experience and education. Benefits include 100% Employer-paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance for employees plus partial benefits for dependent family members, 12 paid holidays, vacation time and sick days and a 403(b) 3% matching program.
*This position is partially remote.
Qualified, interested candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
*Please type your [Name] and [Position Title] you are applying in the email Subject Line when submitting your resume.
CALM provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or any other protected classification.