For nearly 50 years, CALM has prided itself in being a learning organization, investing continuously in staff training to ensure we maintain excellence in clinical practice and remain current in our area of expertise. We strive to continually expand our capacity and that of our community partners, to create a future in which every family is supported and every child thrives. We are available to speak to diverse audiences including, but not limited to: preschool to high school-aged children, teachers, parents, coaches, service clubs, PTAs, and businesses and community organizations. Trainings can be tailored to meet the needs of each group.
These efforts are in line with several of CALM’s Core Values of promoting evidence-based practices and collaborating with community partners. As such, we are proud to support the learning endeavors of others in our community via trainings that can be tailored to specific needs or areas of focus.
Some of the topics we commonly present on include (but are not limited to):
- General Information about CALM
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and Resilience
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse
- Brain Development in Early Childhood
- Body Safety for School-Aged Children
- Effective Parenting Strategies
- Reflective Practice
- Bullying and Response
- Evidence-Based Practices our Staff are Certified In:
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Nurturing Parenting Program
If you are interested in hosting a training for your staff, please call or email our Manager of Clinical Training, Mariana Harms, LMFT: (805) 965-2376 ext.251 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our corporate rate for trainings is $300/hour while our non-profit rate is $150/hour. Both include Continuing Education Units for LCSWs, LMFTs, and LPCCs.
Sandtray Therapy: A Powerful Clinical Approach to Enrich Your Clinical Work
Lunch and Learn: Group Facilitation Skills