Join us in protecting the most important relationship in the world! Everyday CALM’s dedicated and talented staff make a difference in the lives of children and families throughout Santa Barbara County. We’re looking for a dynamic leader for our Santa Maria office. The ideal candidate will have a passion for CALM’s mission and the ability to convey that passion to others. As the Regional Manager you are a senior member of our clinical operations team and provide leadership to a staff of over 20.
SUMMARY: The Santa Maria Regional Manager is the leader of CALM’s Santa Maria office. The Regional Manager is responsible for the overall direction, implementation, supervision and evaluation of all programs and services, as well as all administrative operations, in Santa Maria. The RM ensures that clinical services meet CALM’s quality standards, contract and grant requirements, and strategic plan. The RM demonstrates commitment to the values and philosophy of CALM and essential leadership qualities that motivate and inspire both staff and the community at large.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In collaboration with DCO, determines department structure, staff positions, levels, schedules and workflow. Adjusts schedules and staffing levels to ensure that goals are met efficiently. Implements process changes when needed to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and performance of regional departments.
- Responsible for ensuring successful day-to-day operations and delivery of clinical services at the regional office. This includes staff scheduling, intake processes, referral tracking, caseload assignment, client engagement, timely documentation, productivity, client satisfaction, and clinical supervision.
- Develops and monitors process improvements to ensure excellent clinical operations, including service prioritization, assessment, service planning, service length, billing, confidentiality, customer service, collaboration with other agencies, and discharge/transition planning.
- Ensures excellent client experience and customer service in region. Ensures that any client complaints or grievances are addressed and resolved in a timely and responsive manner.
- Ensures that quality clinical supervision is provided for Santa Maria clinical staff.
- Tracks and reports on metrics that allow for appropriate reporting of compliance targets as overseen by the Quality Assurance (QA) Manager.
- Oversees ethical/legal standards for clinical practice.
- Oversees and monitors all contracts associated with regional operations. In collaboration with clinicians, defines program performance targets that meet the spirit of, as well as the requirements and expectations of each contract.
- Ensures CALM’s services are operated in compliance with all federal, state, county and city funding regulations and guidelines.
- With the DCO, ensures the financial viability of CALM’s programs and services in region. Assists with developing and managing regional budget. Manages operating expenses within the approved budget.
- Provides effective and inspiring leadership to the Santa Maria clinical staff
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, or related field from an accredited university required LCSW or LMFT required.
- At least 5 – 7 years of professional clinical experience. 3+ years senior leadership in a behavioral health agency.
- Knowledge of Medi-Cal and county documentation requirements required.
- Experience working with complex issues surrounding children and families and experience working with Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Model preferred.
- Must have a passion for CALM’s mission and the ability to convey that passion to others.
- Strong computer knowledge, using PC, Microsoft Word and Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Public speaking skills and ability to network within the community.
- Strong interpersonal and proven leadership skills.
- Ability to travel throughout Santa Barbara County.
- Ability to interact with all ages and cultural backgrounds.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary is dependent on experience and education. Benefits include 100% Employer paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick, and a 403(b).
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume to HR@calm4kids.org
Please put Santa Maria RM in the subject line of the email.
CALM provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or any other protected classification.