SUMMARY: The Childcare Provider supports CALM group meetings by providing childcare to clients and also transport clients back and forth from the agency. This position is responsible for maintaining and organizing the childcare rooms and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides childcare services to children during CALM support group meetings
- Engages children in developmentally appropriate activities
- Trains childcare volunteers in best practices
- Transport clients to CALM from their homes and return them at the end of session
- Miscellaneous duties may include cleaning and organizing of therapy rooms, disinfecting toys and play items as needed.
- During times that clients no-show for childcare the employee may be asked to assist with basic office administration tasks, such as scanning documents, organizing files, making copies etc.
- Other needs such as picking up food for evening groups and delivering it to CALM may also be required at the group leader’s discretion.
- Communication skills – Speaks and writes clearly and informatively; listens to others; works to resolve conflicts and maintains confidentiality; able to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, participants, partner agencies and the community.
- Professionalism – Approaches others with tact; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration; keeps commitments and accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments; works with integrity and upholds CALM values.
- Initiative – Self-starter; requires minimal supervision; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; is a solution seeker; takes independent actions; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult situations; responds promptly to others’ needs; solicits feedback; promptly responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Dependability – Can be relied on to meet schedules and deadlines; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; displays a strong personal commitment to completing projects.
- Planning & Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; manages competing priorities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; organizes other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans and takes responsibility for implementing them.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Must have knowledge and experience working with children from ages 0-10. Early childhood education experience preferred. Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication and problem solving skills.
- Able to work in busy environment, under pressure, without compromising accuracy, attention to detail or courtesy to staff and others.
- Able to prioritize competing responsibilities, with effective time management skills.
- Able to demonstrate mature judgment, initiative and critical thinking.
- Leadership strength, strong interpersonal skills, willing team member and supportive colleague.
- Flexibility, organization and can-do attitude
- Must have respect for confidentiality; ability to work with discretion and integrity.
- Strong computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Bilingual (Spanish) desired, but not required.
- Must be 21 years of age and have valid CA drivers’ license, clean DMV, and criminal record clearance from DOJ at time of hire and must be able to maintain during employment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to:
- Stand, walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Drive from one location to another
- Lift and /or move up to 50 lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
HOURS of EMPLOYMENT:
This is a part- time position. A 10 – 15 hour work week schedule will be established on consultation with the supervisor, evening and weekend hours may apply. The normal work week is Monday – Friday. Normal hours of work will be established between the hours of 8:00am and 8:00pm.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary is DOE. This position is not eligible for benefits.
CALM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THE DUTIES OF THIS POSITION AT ANY TIME.
CALM provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to HR@calm4kids.org
Please list the title of the position in the subject line of the email.