- Schedule a meeting to problem-solve.
- Focus on one problem at a time.
- Collaborate, discussing problems mutually.
- State problem clearly.
- Express feelings but don’t criticize or blame.
- Admit role in problem.
- Be future-oriented.
- Be brief.
- State desire behavior.
- Make “I” statements.
Stating the Goal
- Summarize the problem.
- State the goal in realistic terms.
- Remain open-don’t judge or criticize suggestions.
- Encourage imaginative suggestions- as many as possible.
- Postpone details
- Review your list.
- Evaluate each solution realistically.
- Write down plan.
- Praise your efforts.
Part 11 of 13