Stress and Anger
(material provided by The Incredible Years, Carolyn Webster-Stratton, Ph.D.)
- Scan your body for tension, and breathe and relax.
- Notice any negative self-statements and replace them with soothing self-encouragement.
- Ask yourself if what is making you feel tense is really that important? Will it make a difference a week from now? A year? When you are 70?
- Visualize some marvelous past event or dream of the future.
- In the middle of conflict, breathe, cool off, get playful, or get away for a few minutes.
- Take a break (go for a walk, take a bath, read a magazine.)
Part 9 of 13